Engineering Officer, Hardware Design
Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 6 August 2019
- Carry out microcontroller based electronic designs in automotive R&D projects for both hardware and embedded software development
- Hand-on electronic product assembly works in laboratory such as PCB circuit debugging, wiring, soldering, etc.
- Compile technical documents for the project deliverables, design drawings, test plans and test reports
- Provide on-site product testing and support service to project clients
- Graduate with a Bachelor or Master Degree in Automotive / Electrical / Electronics Engineering from a local university. Fresh graduates will also be considered
- Good experience in at least one of following expertise:
- Application design with 16-bit MCU or ARM based microcontroller
- MCU programming (C language) for sizeable control system. Usage of MCU development tools
- Hardware PCB electronic schematic and layout design
- High power system and electronic designs
- Knowledge of electrical vehicle’s battery system, motor controller and charging is a plus
- Responsible, self-motivated and good problem solving skills. Good interpersonal and team spirit
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2019 to December 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.