Postdoctoral Researcher, Hardware Design
Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre
No. of vacancy: 2
Post Date: 3 May 2019
- Participate in electronic design projects of vehicle mobility control, electric vehicle charging and battery pack management applications
- Study project/product engineering specifications. Work with clients and/or team members to design the control algorithms in achieving the specification goals
- Carry out microcontroller based designs for both hardware and embedded software development
- Perform PCB schematic and layout designs. Hand-on electronic product assembly works such as wiring, soldering, etc.
- Carry out product user acceptance testing works, problem troubleshooting and enhance the product performance in meeting specifications and/or client requirements
- Provide on-site product testing and support service to clients
- Graduate with a Doctoral Degree in Automotive / Electrical / Electronics Engineering. Fresh graduates will also be considered
- Hands on experience with MCU programming and development tools, C and C++, in implementing sizeable control system algorithms
- Having fuel cell and hydrogen energy research or project experience is a strong plus
- Strong experience in PCB hardware design system. Proficient in CAD tools like Altium, ORCAD, etc.
- Responsible, self-motivated and good problem solving skills. Good interpersonal relationship and team spirit
- Good command of both written and spoken in English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2019 to December 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.