Assistant Engineering Officer, Smart Mobility
Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 3 June 2019
- Conduct and implement automotive technology and related system design in mechanical and electronic areas
- Assist in R&D projects implementation with focus on smart mobility and intelligent systems according to the roadmap of R&D centre
- Conduct hands-on mechanical & electrical design work, including basic drawing, wiring connection, components soldering, parts fabrication, lab test equipment assembly, installation and adjustment
- Support desktop researches, survey, on-site study, testing and commissioning activities for client projects
- Undertake testing works including system installation, calibration onboard, system performance evaluation through bench tests and functional tests on road, etc.
- Support supervisor’s assigned activities including but not limited to showcase display, expo, etc.
- Diploma/ Higher Diploma from disciplines such as Automotive, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Science or equivalent with 2 years' working experience; fresh graduates from university are also welcome
- Experience in mechanical design using CAD/ CAE tools an advantage
- Holder of valid Hong Kong Driving License with Class 1 and/or 2 a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to learn good knowledge of standards and best practices of automotive industry
- Willing to work alone and outdoors for on-site works occasionally
- Mature, self-motivated with good analytical skills to solve technical problems
- Good command of both spoken and written Chinese including Putonghua and basic level in English
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.