Postdoctoral Researcher, Smart Electronics
Automotive & Electronics Division
No. of vacancy: 2
Post Date: 8 April 2019
- Support the implementation of R&D projects in sensor technology and image processing
- Define product specifications to suppliers and support project manager in communicating and liaison with suppliers during R&D process
- Provide technical inputs in electronics design, signal processing and quality inspection
- Carry out project dissemination activities, such as technical seminar and exhibition, to promote the technology to the industry
- Carry out user acceptance testing work, problem troubleshooting and enhance the product performance in meeting specifications and/or client requirements
- Complete ad hoc tasks if required
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Science, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Information Engineering or Mathematics
- Sound knowledge in electronics schematics design, PCB layout, C/C++ programming, Python and sensor technology
- Knowledge in C or Python programming for image processing in Linux or Ubuntu
- Knowledge in A.I. programming such as Tensorflow is preferred
- Knowledge in sourcing hardware and sensors for R&D projects
- Responsible, self-motivated and good problem solving skills. Good interpersonal relationship and team spirit
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from March 2019 to September 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.