Assistant Engineering Officer, Smart Electronics
Automotive & Electronics Division
Post Date: 28 June 2019
- Assist in research and development (R&D) work on hardware designs and prototyping, especially focus on mechanical, electrical, electronic, programming works and the controls
- Support R&D projects implementation with focus on team's projects such as new solution and business developments
- Conduct hands-on R&D work including software programming in Python, technical drawings, wiring connection, installation and adjustment
- Design software platform that assist the fabrication and assembly works of the products/prototypes
- Conduct testing works including system installation, calibration onboard system performance evaluation through bench tests and functional tests, etc.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the product BOM
- Responsible for quotation, outsourcing issues and admin work for prototypes development
- Bachelor Degree or above from disciplines such as Electronics, Electrical, Automotive, Physics, Mechanical, Product, Design Engineering or equivalent
- Working experience in relevant discipline preferred
- Proven track record in conducting R&D works
- Excellent skills in electronic circuit design or software programming in Python, etc.
- Responsible, self-motivated, good problem solving skills with good interpersonal relationship and team spirit
- Mature with good interpersonal, presentation, communication and analytics skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.