Engineering Officer, Smart Electronics
Automotive & Electronics Division
Post Date: 9 August 2019
- Conduct research and development (R&D) work on hardware designs and prototyping, focus especially on mechanical/ electrical/ electronic/ programming works and the controls
- Participate in R&D projects implementation with focus on team's projects such as new solution and business developments
- Conduct hands-on mechanical and electrical design works, including technical drawings, wiring connection, components soldering, parts assembly and fabrication, installation and adjustment
- Design tools/ jigs/ fixtures/ software platform that assist the fabrication and assembly works of the products/prototypes
- Undertake testing works including system installation, calibration onboard system performance evaluation through bench tests and functional tests, etc.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the product BOM
- Responsible for quotation/ outsourcing issues/ admin work for prototypes development
- Liaise with suppliers for technical issues
- Monitor development tasks and project works with the team
- Bachelor Degree or above with disciplines such as Electronics/ Electrical/ Automotive/ Physics/ Mechanical/ Product/ Design Engineering or equivalent
- Working experience in relevant discipline preferred
- Proven track record in conducting R&D works
- Excellent skills in electronic circuit design or mechanical design using CAD/ CAE tools, i.e. Solidworks, Pro-E, etc.
- Well experience in mechanical tools usage including CNC, and Laser Cutter, etc.
- Responsible, self-motivated and good problem solving skills. Good interpersonal relationship and team spirit
- Mature interpersonal, presentation, communication and analytics skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.