Engineering Officer, Software Design
Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 16 May 2019
- Implement Smart Mobility initiatives and related projects, with focus on autonomous drive-by-wire technologies, in accordance with the technology roadmap of the APAS R&D Centre
- Define design specifications of software and firmware for autonomous drive-by-wire sub-systems
- Conduct R&D works related to autonomous drive-by-wire system
- Perform hands-on program and documentation works such as motion control and vehicle control system, etc.
- Occasional travels to Mainland of China is required
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or related disciplines from a local university. Fresh graduates will also be considered
- Development experience with command of at least one modern programming language and expertise working with mainstream scripting languages (e.g. Java, C++, ASP.Net, C#, .NET, Python, Objective C, Swift, etc.)
- Experience in Embedded system program an advantage
- Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS) a plus
- Passionate for automotive and connected vehicles
- Creative and good problem solving skills
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn and good interpersonal and team spirit
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua a plus
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from December 2018 to June 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.