Postdoctoral Researcher, Electronic Design
Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 16 May 2019
- Implement Smart Mobility initiatives and related projects, with focus on autonomous drive-by-wire technologies, in accordance with the technology roadmap of the APAS R&D Centre
- Implement R&D projects and keep project progress on track to completion, ensure full compliance with project goals and ITF requirements, and report project progress and issues in a timely manner
- Foster strong partnership with R&D partners and universities
- Assist in organizing and delivering promotional activities related to the projects, such as study missions, workshops, technical seminars, etc.
- Perform schematics and PCB layout design for drive-by-wire system controllers
- Define and perform system performance verification testing and analysis
- Compile technical documents for project deliverables, design drawings, test plans and test reports
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or related disciplines
- Hands-on experience on various DSP/MCU and their software tools (TI, ST, Freescale) for product applications
- Experience in EDA tool (PADS, Altium Designer)
- Knowledge of designing electronics system for EMI/EMC compatibility an advantage
- Knowledge of CAN BUS communication protocol a plus
- Creative and good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to learn and good interpersonal and team spirit
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua a plus
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from December 2018 to June 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.