Engineering Officer, Electronics Design
Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre
Post Date: 16 May 2019
- Implement Smart Mobility initiatives and related projects, with focus on autonomous drive-by-wire technologies, in accordance with the technology roadmap of the APAS R&D Centre
- Define design specifications of electronics for autonomous drive-by-wire sub-systems
- Perform schematics and PCB layout design for drive-by-wire system controllers
- Define and perform system performance verification testing and analysis
- Compile technical documents for project deliverables, design drawings, test plans and test reports
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Mechatronics disciplines from a local university. Fresh graduates will also be considered
- Hands-on experience on various DSP/MCU and their software tools (TI, ST, Freescale) for product applications
- Experience in EDA tool (PADS, Altium Designer)
- Knowledge of designing electronics system for EMI/EMC compatibility an advantage
- Knowledge of CAN BUS communication protocol and Robot Operating System (ROS) a plus
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Mature, self-motivated, and good problem solving skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from December 2018 to June 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.