Officer, Environment, Waste Management and Recycling
Environmental Management Division
Post Date : 12 July 2019
No. of vacancy: 2
- Assist in delivery of environmental consultancy services to business and public sectors in Hong Kong and Mainland China, including but not limited to environmental surveys and studies, waste management consultancy, sector specific environmental management schemes, policy research, market and technological study, etc.
- Provide technical support for wide range of environmental projects in relation to technologies development, pollution control and cleaner production
- Handle enquiries and maintain contact with clients and stakeholders
- Assist in preparing technical documents and project proposals
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the unit
- Bachelor Degree from disciplines such as Chemical / Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent with 2 years’ relevant experience in waste management / technology preferred
- Experience in conducting environmental survey and study, environmental management schemes, solid waste management consultancy, pollution control systems design and operation / maintenance, website management an advantage
- Mature, self-motivated, flexible, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in computer packages including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.