Assistant Manager, IT Applications
Management Information System Unit
Post Date : 11 July 2019
- Work closely with Managers to manage subordinates and/or contractors to develop, maintain and provide support in-house developed or packaged solutions to meet business needs
- Act as the deputy project manager for small or medium size projects
- Manage in various technical tasks such as system design and development, database design, system upgrade and system patching
- Perform the QA role of software development project, provide 2nd level of maintenance and support to in-house developed and packaged solutions
- Handle change request as well as making recommendation for approval for changes
- Review existing systems, evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain and review software documentation as required, ensure proper software version control and change control are in place
- Provide ad hoc support on client projects if needed
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering or related disciplines or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT Application / Software development, 1 of which is in the capacity as an Analyst Programmer
- Solid track records in small to medium-scale implementation and system integration; wide exposure in different software development tools and programming framework
- Able to manage developers to deliver projects on time and sound experience in vendor management
- Mature, multi-tasking, and able to work independently and under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.