Senior Consultant, Intelligent System Technology Development
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date : 11 April 2019
- Understand market and technology trends in intelligent systems, Artificial Intelligence, robotics, and Industrial Internet to sort and identify the possible business opportunities which can benefit Hong Kong industries and society
- Formulate technology development strategy and build up the team’s competencies on various intelligent system development and applications by using of new technologies (i.e., Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Vision, Patten Recognition, Model Analysis, Optimization and Control, Industrial Big Data, IIoT, Predictive Maintenance, etc.) to support business growth and enable sustainable development
- Provide professional solutions to assist the clients to upgrade the operations through acquiring and applications of new technology in intelligent technology, digitalization, automation, system innovation, etc.
- Initiate and secure the consultancy projects and develop the government funding proposals
- Lead the team to implement projects with success to meet the key performance indicators, including financial targets, projects metrics, client satisfaction, etc.
- Implement new initiatives and Corporate’s assignments to carry out the social responsibility, explore new business opportunities and promote our professional competences and services
- Support Unit Business Leader in carrying out and ensuring the Unit’s smooth daily business operations
- Occasional travel to the mainland or overseas to carry out projects and assignments
- PhD Degree from disciplines such as Automation, Intelligent System and Control, Mechatronics and Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, System Engineering or equivalent with 15 years’ or more working experience, and at least 5 years in management positions
- Proven track record in technology & applications development and solid experience in leading a team to complete large scale intelligent system development projects
- Innovative thinking, mature, self-motivated, can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, willing to take up challenges
- Good presentation & communication skills
- Experience in working with overseas partners / global team environment is a plus
- Experience in product development and/or technical marketing is a plus
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicant may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.