Postdoctoral Researcher, Advanced Materials Processing
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date: 23 April 2019
- Conduct R&D works on manufacturing technology development
- Assist in implementation of government funded project related to advanced materials processing
- Assist in organisation and coordination of new technology promotional events
- Prepare proposals and reports, coordinate and participate in client meetings and deliver presentations
- Travel to Mainland China occasionally for project implementation
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- PhD Degree holder (graduated) in Manufacturing/ Mechanical/ Production Engineering/ Materials Science/ Physics/ Mechatronic/ Computer Science
- Experience in new material and manufacturing process development
- Skill in CAD/CAM/CAE and data analytics an advantage
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from October 2018 to October 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.