Postdoctoral Researcher, Metals Technology and Predictive Analytics
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date: 26 July 2019
- Conduct R&D works on advanced machining, die casting, sheet metal stamping and other metals processing and related materials technologies
- Conduct R&D works on predictive analytics and artificial intelligence related to metals processing
- Collect information and formulate ideas on technology development and dissemination; prepare government technology development project proposals especially those related to sheet metals, mould & die, medical devices, critical components, automotive, train, aviation and other manufacturing industries
- Provide consultancy services on technology assessment, improvement and upgrading
- Compile technological publications and offer technology related training to industry
- Develop, market and organise new technology training, seminars and other events
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- PhD in Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Materials Science/Physics
- Industrial or further technology research and development experience related to metal processing preferred
- Skill in computer programming with high level language, computer aided design and engineering (CAD & CAE) as well as predictive analytics or artificial intelligence an advantage
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua. Command of 4th language such as German or Japanese an advantage
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Postdoctoral Hub Programme under the Technology Talent Scheme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from August 2019 to September 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.