Engineering Officer, Additive Manufacturing & Metallurgy
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date: 9 September 2019
- Conduct literature review for identifying R&D project idea related to development and application of advanced materials processing technology
- Support project prospection with clients and technology partners
- Prepare R&D project proposals
- Support Team Head to manage R&D projects
- Provide solutions for tackling the technical difficulties in on-going R&D projects
- Prepare articles for technology promotion
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Materials Science/Physics from a local university
- At least 1 year's solid hands-on experience in technology research and development after completion of Bachelor study, preferably related to advanced manufacturing technology
- Good skill on CAD/CAM systems
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical, communication, presentation and consultative skills and able to work independently
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Internship Programme of the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) R&D project from October 2018 to October 2020.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.