Associate Consultant, Metals Technology and Industry Development
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date : 14 Feburary 2020
- Provide consultancy service and training on metals machining, mould and die making, metals forming and die casting to manufacturers
- Carry out sheet metal processing machinery and mechanism development and design works such as sheet rolling & bonding and friction welding
- Deliver consultancy service on technological capabilities diagnosis, operations improvement and technology benchmarking
- Conduct R&D works and industrial case studies on advanced machining and metal processing technologies, also predictive analytics and artificial intelligence related to metals processing
- Support to develop consultancy, R&D projects and training proposals for technology upgrading, development and dissemination to metals, tooling, automotive, critical components and related industries
- Assist in marketing of consultancy solutions, R&D projects and training
- Compile technological and industry development related publications
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- Bachelor degree from disciplines of Manufacturing, Engineering. Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent
- 2 years or above working experience in precision machining or metal forming or die casting or mould & die making
- Preferably with some experience on manufacturing technology research and development
- Familiar with machinery and mechanism design and controlling system for metal sheet roll bonding, friction welding an advantage
- Skill in computer programming with high level language, computer aided design and engineering (CAD & CAE) as well as predictive analytics an advantage
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.