Engineering Officer, Additive Manufacturing & Metallurgy
Smart Manufacturing & Mainland Business Division
Post Date : 28 October 2019
- Conduct literature review for identifying R&D project ideas related to development and application of advanced materials processing technology, and develop R&D proposals
- Support project prospection with clients and technology partners, and undertake follow-up actions
- Serve as a key member to support Team Head to monitor R&D projects as per milestone plans
- Provide technical solutions for on-going R&D projects
- Coach Engineering Officer and Assistant Engineering Officer for project delivery
- Prepare articles for technology promotion
- Support projects and duties assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Travel to Mainland China and overseas occasionally for project implementation and new technology study
- Bachelor/Master in Manufacturing Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Materials Science/Physics or equivalent with 2 years' work experience
- At least 1 year's solid hands-on experience in technology research and development after completion of Bachelor study, preferably related to advanced manufacturing technology
- Strong technical knowhow and competencies
- Good skill on CAD/CAM systems
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical, communication, presentation and consultative skills and able to work independently
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.